Vernier Gas ChromatographOrder code: GC-MINI
VERNIER GAS CHROMATOGRAPH
Say Goodbye to Long Lines at the GC Station. Vernier's new Mini GC is so affordable you can outfit your lab stations with more than one gas chromatograph!
Use Vernier's award-winning software for column control, collection & peak integration
Use the Vernier GC-Mini Gas Chromatograph with a computer running Vernier Logger Pro software or with the stand-alone Vernier LabQuest data logger both of which which have peak integration analysis and retention-time determination built into the software.
Measure any of these compounds:
• Aromatic hydrocarbons
• Carboxylic acids
• Chlorinated hydrocarbons
• MCCD Detector
• The unique Seacoast Science MEMS Chemi-Capacitive Detector is state-of-the-art technology that allows air to be used as a carrier or you can use a tank of helium or nitrogen (gases not supplied).
• High-quality Restek MXT-1 Stainless (11 meter) capillary column.
• Software-controlled temperature regulation from 30–120°C
• Column Temperature Ramp Maximum of 10°C/minute.
• Short Warm-up time: Fast for most experiments, <10 minute max
• Software-controlled pressure regulation from 1–20kPa above ambient.
• Comes with one high-quality 1µL glass syringes, 2-7/8 inch stainless needle with non-coring bevelled tip and needle guard, 1.5 inch injectable length.
• Injection is direct from syringe to column
• 2 septa included with purchase (~150 injections/septum)
• Injection volume: 0.01 to 0.50 µL
Weight & Dimensions:
• 1.3 kg
• 10.8 cm tall x 19.1 cm long x 13.3 cm wide
• Two-year warranty.
• Vernier Mini GC
• One needle/syringe
• Two spare septa
• Power supply
• USB cable
• 50+ page lab manual including user's guide
Gas Chromatography Experiments:
The Vernier Mini GC includes a lab manual with 5 gas chromatography inquiry experiments. Preview and/or edit the experiments for your curriculum by downloading all 5 experiments below or individually:
1. Using a Gas Chromatograph: Identifying Unknown Compounds link >>>
2. Verification of Esterification link >>>
3. Quantifying Substances in a Mixture link >>>
4. Fractional Distillation link >>>
5. Investigating Gas Chromatography link >>>
* Download all 5 Gas Chromatography experiments link >>>
Software Sold Separately
You will also need software for Mini GC setup, data collection and analysis. You can use Logger Pro for computers or the LabQuest.
For computers, Logger Pro 3.8 or newer is required. Download the free update link >>>
For LabQuest, LabQuest App 1.3 or newer is required. Download the free update link >>>
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
• What type of column does the Mini GC use?
The column is a Restek MXT-1. It is a stainless steel capillary column, 11 meters long. The column is non-polar.
• What is the carrier gas used by the Mini GC?
The Mini GC uses air as the carrier gas. However, there is a port to which bottles of another carrier gas may be attached (such as helium, nitrogen, or even compressed air).
• Do you have lab experiments written for the Mini GC?
Yes. A lab manual, which contains five experiments, is shipped with each Mini GC. The experiments are also available as a free download link >>> #labs»
• Will the Mini GC work with a LabQuest?
Yes. Your LabQuest will need the latest App, version 1.3. Download the latest update link >>> »
• Which version of Logger Pro 3 runs the Mini GC?
Version 3.8. If your school owns any version of Logger Pro 3, the upgrade to version 3.8 is free of charge. Download the latest update link >>> »
Last edited 23 March 2013 MVC
GC-SEP - Vernier GC Septa (pkg of 4)
GC-SYR-MIC - Vernier GC Syringe 1uL
LABQUEST - Vernier LabQuest Interface System
LP - Vernier Logger Pro 3 Software