Vernier SpectroVis PlusOrder code: SVIS-PL
VERNIER SPECTROVIS PLUS
An Affordable Visible Light Spectrophotometer and Fluorometer
Having a CCD array spectrometer/fluorometer combination is now affordable for each of your lab stations! Array spectrometer technology allows you to collect a full wavelength spectrum (absorbance, percent transmittance, or intensity) in less than one second. Once the peak wavelength is determined, you can easily determine the concentration of a solution (Beer's law) or monitor rates of reaction.
With its two different excitation wavelengths, SpectroVis Plus can quantitatively measure the fluorescence spectra of many compounds, such as chlorophyll, fluorescein, GFP, and more.
Connect SpectroVis Plus to a LabQuest or a computer running Logger Pro using a standard USB cable (included), and see the results in full colour.
New and Improved with SpectroVis Plus:
* Improved range: 380-950 nm (VIS-NIR)
* 1 nm between reported values (now collects 570 values)
* Improved optical resolution (~2.5 nm)
* New support for fluorescence (two excitation sources centred at 405 nm and 500 nm)
SpectroVis Plus Features:
* Portable: 15 cm x 9 cm x 4 cm
* Collect a full spectrum in less than 1 second
* Easy one-step calibration
* Connects directly to LabQuest or to a computer's USB port
* No external power required
Uses for SpectroVis Plus:
* Measure absorbance, percent transmittance, emissions spectra or fluorescence
* Conduct Beer's law investigations
* Conduct kinetic studies of absorbance vs. time
* Perform equilibrium studies of absorbance vs. time or absorbance vs. concentration
* Conduct experiments on enzyme kinetics
* Perform colorimetric or fluorescent bioassays
* Measure emissions of gas discharge tubes, flame tests, or other light sources, using the SpectroVis Optical Fiber accessory (sold separately).
How Does It Work?
Light from the LED and tungsten bulb light source passes through a solution. Emerging light goes through a high-quality diffraction grating then the diffracted light is collected and sorted by the CCD array detector.
For fluorescence, SpectroVis Plus has two different excitation wavelengths, so now you can quantitatively measure the fluorescence spectra of many compounds, such as quinine, fluorescein and chlorophyll.
For more information please download the Vernier Catalogue as a 17MB low resolution PDF file Download PDF
Vernier products are designed for educational use, they are not designed nor recommended for any industrial, medical or commercial process such as life support, patient diagnosis, control of a manufacturing process or industrial testing of any kind.
SVIS-FIBER - Vernier SpectroVis Optical Fiber