KidWind Battery Charging KitOrder code: KWA0030
|Purchase QTY: (Each)||1+|| || || || |
|Scientrific's price|| $65.20|| || || || |
|Educational price|| $61.20|| || || ||
Note: Prices do NOT include GST
KIDWIND BATTERY CHARGING KIT
Want to do some useful work with renewable energy? Circuitry and battery charging become fun with practical work. With the materials and instructions included you will charge AA and AAA batteries using renewable energy sources like solar and even wind power. This kit contains everything you need for creating a circuit and charging batteries including diodes, resistors, wires and batteries.
With this kit, you can:
• Explore how the angle of the sun in relation to the solar panel can affect the charging rate of your batteries. Time each angle for an amount of time and take a multimeter reading. Use the charge. Change the solar panel angle and charge for the same amount of time. Check and graph your results.
• Try comparing the charge rates of different solar panels. Purchase various voltage solar panels and compare charge rates. Different panels will charge different batteries at different rates. A cool experiment to explore.
• Compare the charge rates of solar panels to the charge rates of a wind turbine.
• Understanding clean energy; discovering and discussing solar power as an energy source
• Exploring energy transformations; designing, building and evaluating devices that convert one form of energy into another form of energy
• Understanding circuits, electricity and magnetism
• Developing and using physical models
• Designing controlled experiments
• Optimising designs
• Analysing data
• Understanding differences between energy and power
• Understanding weather and climate
Instruction Manual Download PDF
Solar Panel (6 V)
Rechargeable AAA batteries
Sound and Light Board
Q How long does it take to charge?
A Approximately 3 hours
Q Will this charge AA batteries?
A Yes, but it will take longer
Q How much space is needed
A 300 x 200mm
Q Is full sun needed?
Q Will the Battery Charging Kit be able to charge my batteries if I leave it outside all day?
A Charging times will vary depending on many factors. The time of day and the angle of the sun play primary roles in the efficiency of your charging system.
Q Can I charge the batteries with a KidWind wind turbine kit?
A Yes, you can use a KidWind wind turbine to charge the batteries. We recommend using the KWA0012 Advance Wind Turbine Experiment Kit to get the best results. Feeling more adventurous? You can also use the KWA0050 Geared Turbine Nacelle. With this nacelle you will need to buy other turbine components.
Last edited 26th Mar 2019This product is used in teaching these Australian Curriculum codes:
ACSSU190 - Physical Sciences - Energy Conservation - Energy conservation in a system can be explained by describing energy transfers and transformations
ACSSU219 - Physical Sciences - Alternative Energies - Energy from a variety of sources can be used to generate electricity
ACSSU117 - Physical Sciences - Forces and Machines - Change to an object’s motion is caused by unbalanced forces, including Earth’s gravitational attraction, acting on the object
ACSSU155 - Physical Sciences - Energy Forms - Energy appears in different forms, including movement (kinetic energy), heat and potential energy, and energy transformations and transfers cause change within systems
ACSSU182 - Physical Sciences - Energy Transfer - Energy transfer through different mediums can be explained using wave and particle models
Click a curriculum code to see other products that relate.