|Purchase QTY: (Each)||1+|| || || || |
|Scientrific's price|| $21.00|| || || ||
Note: Prices do NOT include GST
KIDWIND GEAR SET WITH SPOOL
Experiment with gear ratios on your wind turbine or other small projects.
Adding gears to your turbine can greatly increase the generator RPM giving you higher power output. The small 8-tooth gear will fit on 2mm driveshafts that are found on lots of DC generators. The gears have a keying feature that allows them to be changed quickly and easily using the included hex locks. The hex lock secures to the 3.6mm hex-driveshaft.
Gear sizes: 64 teeth, 32 teeth, 16 teeth, 8 teeth.
• Increase generator RPM through the mechanical advantage of gear ratio.
• Increase the power output of student wind turbines.
• Exploring energy transformations
• Understanding ratios
• Learning about mechanical advantage
• Understanding simple machines
• Exploring the relationship between energy and forces
• Understanding forces and motion
• Developing and using physical models
• Optimising designs
• 3 x Hex Lock
• 1 x 8 Tooth Gear
• 1 x 16 Tooth Gear
• 1 x 32 Tooth Gear
• 1 x 64 Tooth Gear
• 1 x Spool Hourglass 9.5mm drilled
• Pinion diameter: 13mm
• 16 tooth gear diameter: 25mm
• 32 tooth gear: 51mm
• 64 tooth diameter: 102mm
Q How many teeth do the gears have?
A The gears have 64 teeth, 32 teeth, 16 teeth and 8 teeth.
Q Can I use these gears with the KidWind drivetrain set?
A Yes. They are designed to lock on to the hex locks which connect to the driveshaft.
Q What are the gears made of?
A These gears are made of 100% recycled plastic and manufactured at a wind-powered manufacturing plant in New York!
Educational use only:
Vernier and Kidwind products are designed for educational use. They are not appropriate for industrial, medical or commercial applications. Details
- Warranty: 5 years
Last edited 4th Feb 2020