|Purchase QTY: (Each)||1+|| || || || |
|Scientrific's price|| $53.00|| || || ||
Note: Prices do NOT include GST
KIDWIND WIND TURBINE HUBS
This 3 pack of KidWind 12-hole crimping hubs made from recycled plastic allows you to turn any DC generator into a wind turbine.
The hub will press fit onto the shaft of many small DC generators; just attach your own blades and begin experimenting with wind power! The hub is designed to allow you to change blade angles and/or interchange blade sets quickly and easily. An improved stainless-steel insert can take a beating in your classroom year after year without failing!
This is a pack of 3 Wind Turbine Hubs.
• Convert any DC motor into a wind turbine by fitting the hub onto a 2mm driveshaft
• Experiment with up to 12 blades
• Quickly change blade designs and/or pitch angle
• Understanding clean energy
• Exploring energy transformations
• Exploring the relationship between energy and forces
• Developing and using physical models
• Understanding differences between energy and power
• Analyzing data
• Designing controlled experiments
• Optimizing designs
• Exploring forces and motion
• Understanding angles
• Exploring concepts of lift, drag and torque
• Diameter: 572mm
• Max number of dowels: 12
• Size of shaft hub press fits onto: 2mm
Q How many blades can I use?
A Each hub has 12 holes, so you can experiment with any number of blades up to 12 (2, 3, 4, 6 or 12 work well!)
Q Will the hub work on all of the KidWind turbines?
Q What size driveshaft does the hub fit on?
A This hub will friction-fit on a 2 mm driveshaft.
Q Will this hub work with the wind turbine generator?
Q Will this hub work with the high torque generator?
Q Will the screw threads strip or get stuck over time?
A No. The new stainless-steel insert on the hubs prevents stripping and binding experienced with previous generation hubs. With proper use, the hubs should last a long time.
Q Do you sell chrome hub-caps for the KidWind hub?
A Not yet…maybe soon we will have a chrome nose-cone.
Download the current Vernier K-12 Catalogue
Download the current Vernier University Catalogue
Educational use only:
Vernier and Kidwind products are designed for educational use. They are not appropriate for industrial, medical or commercial applications. Details