TechTray Dissecting Tray/General Chemistry Lab TrayOrder code: TRAY
|Purchase QTY: (Each)||1+||10+|| || || |
|Scientrific's price|| $22.00|| $20.00|| || ||
Note: Prices do NOT include GST or freight
A unique multipurpose tray for use in Biology and Chemistry which has been designed specifically for laboratory safety and good practice when performing dissections and chemistry experiments.
* Generous size. Overall: 470x335mm, Working area: 340x290mm.
* Autoclavable, chemical resistant and virtually unbreakable plastic.
* Convenient measuring scales with embossed graduations on edges.
* Special non-slip feet for safe and secure bench work.
* Easily washed and dried for excellent hygiene.
* Lightweight for ease of use and stackable for storage.
* 250ml liquid collection 'well' to keep working areas clean and dry .
* Over 1 litre can be contained before an overflow will occur.
* Separate 'clean' compartment for tools and instruments.
* Designed for long life in the Chemistry Lab.
Special Biology dissection features:
* Accepts a core-flute inner mat to enable the use of dissection pins.
* Has special anchor slits around the edge for fast secure fixing of limb spreading strings.
* Permits animal fluids to drain from dissecting area into the well to keep the dissection area clean.
NOTES and INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE:
* Lab staff can group all the equipment to be used for experiments in the tray and carry the whole set to the work place.
* Staff can easily check that all the equipment and tools are replaced in the tray before collection.
* Should a breakage or spillage occur the lab benches should be protected. Safety and cleanliness are greatly improved.
* Washing and cleaning is easy. With no messy benches to clean the use of cloths or wipes is reduced or eliminated.
For Biological dissections:
* The non-absorbent dissection mat has a tough skin that resists cutting but permits the use of normal dissecting pins. It is reversible and can be used on numerous occasions until a new mat is obviously required.
* To fit the dissection mat: simply press it firmly into the tray until it clicks into place.
* Limbs etc can be spread by tying them with string and then firmly wedging the end of the string into one of the slits on the tray's edge.
* During dissection, standard dissecting pins can be pressed easily into the mat to hold back skin and other organs. The pins will hold firmly in the special mat when inserted to the full thickness of the mat.
* An important feature is that the fluids from the animal can flow across the non-absorbent mat to run into the tray below to leave the dissection area fluid free. Unwanted soft tissue can be moved to the edge of the mat to fall into the tray below.
* Rinse the mat after use and allow clean water to run through the mat's inner flutes to flush out any residue. Simply shake/drip dry.
* Replacement mats are available in packs of 12.
Last edited 9th Feb 2021This product is used in teaching these Australian Curriculum codes:
ACSSU150 - Biological Sciences - Organ Systems - Multi-cellular organisms contain systems of organs that carry out specialised functions that enable them to survive and reproduce
ACSSU175 - Biological Sciences - Organ Systems - Multi-cellular organisms rely on coordinated and interdependent internal systems to respond to changes to their environment
Click a curriculum code to see other products that relate.
Accessories pictured are not included with the Dissection and Chemical Tray.