|Purchase QTY: (Each)||1+|| || || || |
|Scientrific's price|| $235.00|| || || || |
Note: Prices do NOT include GST or freight
INDUCTIVE BRAKING KIT
Also known as the Eddy Current Drag Kit. Drop the super magnet onto the thick copper bar and explain its cushioned fall, drag non-magnetic metal bars without the magnet touching them and explain why the magnet veers unexpectedly when it nears the edges as it rolls down the sloping copper bar.
This kit demonstrates how the brakes work on Dreamworld’s Tower of Terror ride. Delivers the WOW factor when teaching Newtons, Faradays or Lenz’s Laws.
• Heavy copper bar
• Heavy aluminium bar
• Plastic bar for pendulum experiments
• Plastic spacers
• Two plastic rollers
• Super magnet
• Cord to suspend the plastic bar
• Booklet of inquiry driven activities that asks students to:
1. Predict a behaviour
2. Observe the behaviour
3. Raise questions to investigate factors that will affect the behaviour
4. Investigate their own ideas on what causes the observed behaviour
5. Explain the observations
Each of the supplied bars is approximately 395x50x10mm.