|Purchase QTY: (Each)||1+|| || || || |
|Scientrific's price|| $2,531.00|| || || ||
Note: Prices do NOT include GST
VERNIER GO DIRECT STRUCTURES AND MATERIALS TESTER
Students can explore the effect that beam dimensions and shape have on structure flexibility and strength, investigate how trusses distribute weight, and ultimately build and test their own designs.
This tester gives teachers a great way to motivate their students when it is used for engineering activities and competitions with the free Vernier Go Direct® Bridge Competition Software.
For more advanced investigations, students can combine the sensor displacement data to evaluate the strengths of materials by determining the modulus of elasticity of different materials.
The tester also includes the NGSS-aligned Materials Testing: Beams to Bridges e-book, providing engaging engineering activities to get started.
This product should be available early 2020 pending product release and Australian compliance testing
• The force and displacement sensors connect via Bluetooth® wireless technology or USB.
• Uses Vernier's free Graphical Analysis™ 4 app to collect and analyze data.
• Obtains exact force and displacement readings for bends and breaks.
• Provides accurate positioning for center and off-center loading.
• Accommodates easy loading for different structure sizes and shapes.
Rechargeable Battery — Ready When You Are
The Vernier Go Direct™ robust rechargeable battery offers long battery life and provides always-ready operation. Monitor battery life directly from Vernier's free Graphical Analysis™ 4 app Should the battery run low simply connect the sensor to the charging cable and keep on collecting — no interruptions or inconvenience to you or your students.
Wired or Wireless — The Flexibility to Choose
Vernier's Go Direct™ sensors connect directly to your mobile device, Chromebook or computer using Vernier's free Graphical Analysis™ 4 app. No additional equipment or software purchases are necessary. Go Direct sensors can be used wired via USB or wirelessly via Bluetooth allowing you to choose the solution best for your classroom or laboratory.
• Vernier Go Direct® Structures and Materials Tester
• E-book Materials Testing: Beams to Bridges with Go Direct® Structures and Materials Tester
• VSMT-TK Vernier Tackle Kit
• Free Vernier Go Direct® Bridge Competition Software
• Assembly Instructions
• USB micro cable
• Load Cell
Operational Range: 0 to 1,000N
Positive stop to prevent sensor damage
• Displacement Sensor (encoder)
Range: 0 to 7cm
Download the current Vernier Catalogue: Download PDF
NOTE: Due to the size and weight of this product it is expensive to import and our price reflects that cost. Extra domestic freight charges may also apply.
Educational use only:
Vernier and Kidwind products are designed for educational use. They are not appropriate for industrial, medical or commercial applications. Details
- Warranty: 5 year limited warranty (1 year on battery)
- Product size: 450x500x200mm (WHD)
- Weight: 10kg
Last edited 4th Apr 2020