Horizon Renewable Energy MonitorOrder code: FCJJ-24
|Purchase QTY: (Each)||1+|| || || || |
|Base price|| $245.00|| || || || |
|Scientrific's price|| $215.00|| || || || |
Note: Prices do NOT include GST or freight
HORIZON RENEWABLE ENERGY MONITOR
The Renewable Energy Monitor is an educational evaluation monitoring device with measurement software presented in a graphical display of performance characteristics on your PC. It offers a 2 line LCD screen for viewing measurements that you cycle through at the push of a button – avoiding the multimeter’s confusing setup and cumbersome computations. The Renewable Energy Monitor is battery operated so it can also be used with or without a computer – indoors or outdoors – where you can make direct solar and wind measurements.
Horizon developed the Renewable Energy Monitor to allow you to avoid using the overly complex multimeter and instead provides an immediate, graphical way for recording data directly with no formulas and nothing to calculate. Numerous experiments and evaluation activities for hydrogen fuel cells, miniature wind turbine kits and solar panels will now be quantifiable in real time for voltage, current, power, joules, resistance and even RPM speed.
• Compatible with any of Horizon's science education kits
• Compatible on Windows OS, and Mac using Windows Parallel or Boot Camp
• Use indoor or outdoor, with or without a computer!
• Ability to export all data to Excel or CSV format
• Record a video of your experiments for playback and review
• Voltage: 0 - 28 VDC
• Current: 0 - 1 Amp DC
• Power: 0 - 28 Watts
• Resistance: 0 - 999 Ohms
• Energy: 0 - 65535 Joules
• RPM: 200 – 2500
• Energy Monitor (Data Logging Hardware) with LCD readout screen
• LCD screen shows: voltage (V,mV), current (A, mA), power (W, mW), RPM speed, resistance (Ohm), energy(joules)
• USB cable - 1 metre length
• CD-ROM with Horizon Data Acquisition software
• CD-ROM with complete renewable energy curriculum
• Flexible 2mm banana connecting leads for connecting to Horizon devices
Last edited 21st Jan 2020This product is used in teaching these Australian Curriculum codes:
ACSSU187 - Chemical Sciences - Chemical Reactions - Different types of chemical reactions are used to produce a range of products and can occur at different rates
ACSSU190 - Physical Sciences - Energy Conservation - Energy conservation in a system can be explained by describing energy transfers and transformations
ACSSU219 - Physical Sciences - Alternative Energies - Energy from a variety of sources can be used to generate electricity
ACSSU117 - Physical Sciences - Forces and Machines - Change to an object’s motion is caused by unbalanced forces, including Earth’s gravitational attraction, acting on the object
ACSSU155 - Physical Sciences - Energy Forms - Energy appears in different forms, including movement (kinetic energy), heat and potential energy, and energy transformations and transfers cause change within systems
ACSSU182 - Physical Sciences - Energy Transfer - Energy transfer through different mediums can be explained using wave and particle models
Click a curriculum code to see other products that relate.
Logging Data with the Renewable Energy Monitor.
Note: packaging may differ from that pictured.