|Purchase QTY: (Pack of 10)||1+|| || || || |
|Scientrific's price|| $146.00|| || || ||
Note: Prices do NOT include GST or freight
KIDWIND WIND TURBINE GENERATOR 10 PACK
This is KidWind's primary generator for wind turbine experiments because it runs smoothly and provides high power output at a relatively low RPM.
This generator has 1.2m leads which are attached with shrink-wrap reinforced soldering. Typical output in non-geared wind devices is 0.5-2.5volts at 0.1-0.3amps.
• Use this item as a DC motor or generator. Spin the driveshaft to produce electric current. Higher RPM yields higher power output.
• Exploring energy transformations; designing, building and evaluating devices that convert one form of energy into another.
• Undertanding renewable energy
• Exploring circuits, electricity and magnetism
• Relationship between energy and forces
• Exploring forces and motion
• Developing and using physical models
• Understanding differences between energy and power
• Designing controlled experiments
• Optimising designs
• Analysing data
• Wind Turbine Generator
• Voltage output: 0-10V
• Amperage output: 0-0.3amps
• Diameter: 31.8mm
• Wire length: 1.2m
• Shaft diameter: 2mm
Q How much power can this generator make?
A Typical output in non-geared wind devices is 0.5-2 volts at 0.1-0.4 amps. Geared wind turbines can produce higher power output.
Q What size is the generator driveshaft??
A This generator has a 2mm driveshaft.
Q Will this generator work with the wind turbine hub?
A Yes, the hub fits perfectly on this generator driveshaft.
Download the current Vernier K-12 Catalogue
Download the current Vernier University Catalogue
Educational use only:
Vernier and Kidwind products are designed for educational use. They are not appropriate for industrial, medical or commercial applications. Details