Vernier Salinity SensorOrder code: SAL-BTA-EB
VERNIER SALINITY SENSOR
The Vernier Salinity Sensor uses density and electrical conductivity to measure salinity. The Salinity Sensor easily and precisely measures the total dissolved salt content in an aqueous solution. Measure water with a wide variety of salinities, from brackish water to ocean water and even hyper-saline environments. You can also study how salinity affects buoyancy or monitor salinity values in estuaries where fresh water mixes with ocean water.
• Use this sensor for an accurate on-site measurement of salinity in ocean or brackish water.
• Allow students to qualitatively see the difference between the ionic and molecular nature of substances in aqueous solution.
• Use the probe to confirm the direct relationship between conductivity and ion concentration in an aqueous solution. Concentrations of unknown samples can then be determined.
• Monitor the rate of reaction in a chemical reaction in which dissolved ions and solution conductivity varies with time due to an ionic specie being consumed or produced.
• Range of Salinity Sensor: 0 to 50ppt (0 to 50,000ppm)
• Accuracy using factory calibration: ±3% of full-scale reading
• Accuracy using custom calibration: ±1% of full-scale reading
• Response time: 90% of full-scale reading in 10s
• Temperature compensation: automatic from 5 to 35°C
• Temperature range (can be placed in): 0 to 80°C
• Cell constant: 10 cm-1
• Description: dip type, epoxy body, parallel platinum electrodes
Educational use only:
Vernier and Kidwind products are designed for educational use. They are not appropriate for industrial, medical or commercial applications. Details
- Warranty: 5 years
- Packed weight: 90g
Last edited 2nd Jan 2022
- Packed weight: 90g
ACSSU176 - Biological Sciences - Ecology - Ecosystems consist of communities of interdependent organisms and abiotic components of the environment; matter and energy flow through these systems
Click a curriculum code to see other products that relate.
|Accessories / Spare Parts:||From|
|SAL-ST - Vernier Salinity Standard||$45.00|
|LABQ2 - Vernier LabQuest 2 Data Logger and Interface||$835.00|
|LQ-MINI - Vernier LabQuest Mini Data Logger Interface||$398.00|
|LQ-STREAM - Vernier LabQuest Stream Wireless Data Logger||$610.00|
|GO-LINK - Vernier Go!Link Data Logger Interface with Logger Lite Software||$167.00|
|BTA-NXT - Vernier NXT Sensor Adapter||$87.00|
|Catalogue||Vernier Catalogue K-12||Catalogue||Vernier Catalogue Uni||Experiment||DO Salt Correction||Experiment||Water Dissolved Oxygen||User Manual||Getting Started - Connecting your sensor (External Link)||User Manual||Vernier Salinity Sensor|
Note: Prices do NOT include GST or freight