Vernier Go Direct Mini GCOrder code: GDX-GC
|Purchase QTY: (Each)||1+|| || || || |
|Scientrific's price|| $6,465.00|| || || ||
Note: Prices do NOT include GST
VERNIER GO DIRECT MINI GAS CHROMATOGRAPH
This product should be available mid 2020 pending product release and Australian compliance testing.
Teach students chromatography with this affordable, portable mini gas chromatograph that detects polar and nonpolar compounds. Students can separate, analyze and identify substances contained in a volatile liquid or gaseous sample with the easy-to-use Vernier Go Direct Mini GC and the free Vernier Instrumental Analysis™ app
Vernier Go Direct Mini GC can connect via Bluetooth® wireless technology or wired via USB to your device, providing an opportunity for you to choose the solution best for your laboratory. An interface is not required.
Developed with Seacoast Science, Vernier Go Direct Mini GC uses an efficient, software-controlled internal pump system. This design allows the Vernier Go Direct Mini GC to use room air as the carrier gas so there is no need to purchase an external carrier gas tank or maintain a gas filtration system.
Easily incorporate gas chromatography into your curriculum using Vernier's e-book Chromatography Experiments with the Go Direct Mini GC™ available for free with your purchase. Essential instructor information and word-processing files of student instructions for each of these experiments will be provided upon purchase:
• Using Gas Chromatography: Identifying an Unknown Compound
• Gas Chromatography Basics: Column Temperature and Loading
• Dehydration of 2-methylcyclohexanol
• Detection of Chemical Isomers with Gas Chromatography
• Fischer Esterification: Preparation of Banana Oil
You can also use this mini gas chromatograph to identify unknown compounds, monitor chemical reactions and measure products from a distillation.
Typical compounds and acceptable boiling points:
• C1–C6 Alcohols 50-175°C
• C1–C8 Aldehydes 50-175°C
• C3–C4 Amides 150-250°C
• C1–C4 Carboxylic acids 100-150°C
• C2–C10 Esters 30-200°C
• C2–C8 Ethers 30-110°C
• C5–C8 Heterocycles 100-150°C
• C1–C8 Halogenated hydrocarbons 30-120°C
• C3–C8 Ketones 50-175°C
• C2–C5 Nitriles 50-120°C
• C1–C6 Nitroalkane/aromatic 100-210°C
• C3–C9 Phosphonates 180-210°C
• C4–C8 Sulphides 90-150°C
• C4–C12 Alkanes 30-220°C
• C6–C11 Aromatics 80-220°C
• Vernier Go Direct Mini GC
• Mini USB Cable
• AC power supply
• Hamilton Syringe (1.0µL volume)
• Two extra septa (a third septum is already installed)
• Chromatography Experiments with the Go Direct Mini GC™, an electronic lab book with five investigations, available as a free download from your Vernier account
• Carrying case
• Column: Restek MXT-502.2 Siltek-treated stainless steel column with proprietary diphenyl/dimethyl polysiloxane phase
• Column operating temperature: 30°C to 160°C with a maximum heating ramp of 10°C/min
• Detector: The unique Seacoast Science carbon-nanotube chemiresistance detector is compatible with air as the carrier gas and provides sensitivity to polar and nonpolar compounds.
• Power requirements: 24V DC, 2.5A from an external power supply
• External power supply: rated for 100–240V AC, 1.5A 50–60Hz
• Carrier gas: Ambient air
• Environmental conditions: Temperature: 5-40°C Humidity: 95% or less (non-condensing environment)
• Liquid injection volume: 0.01 to 0.6µL
• Operating pressure (above ambient pressure): 1 to 21kPa
Download the current Vernier K-12 Catalogue
Download the current Vernier University Catalogue
Educational use only:
Vernier and Kidwind products are designed for educational use. They are not appropriate for industrial, medical or commercial applications. Details
- Warranty: 2 year limited warranty (excluding column,sensor,syringe,septa)
- Product size: 191x108x133mm (WHD)
- Weight: 1.3kg
Last edited 8th Apr 2020
Vernier Go Direct Mini GC.
GDX-GC hexane graph using free Vernier Instrumental Analysis.