|Purchase QTY: (Each)||1+|| || || || |
|Scientrific's price|| $1,154.00|| || || ||
Note: Prices do NOT include GST
VERNIER GO DIRECT MELT STATION
Vernier's Go Direct Melt Station accurately determines the melting temperature of solid substances. It directly connects wirelessly via Bluetooth® or wired via USB to your platform.
Teach students the visual detection capillary method of melting point determination with the Vernier Go Direct Melt Station. It accurately measures melting temperatures of a solid (up to 260°C) and the real-time graphing provides a unique perspective of the melting process.
The wide-angle observation and magnification window, LED-lit heater block and adjustable tilt base give students a clear view of the substance as they witness the state change. Internal cooling fans reduce the waiting time between sample testing. Also included is an important safety feature that automatically powers down the heating block after 60 minutes with no change to the control knob.
The Go Direct Melt Station can be used in a variety of experiments:
• Determine the melting temperature of an known organic solid such as aspirin, ibuprofen or caffeine.
• Identify an unknown organic solid by its melting temperature.
• Use melting temperature to analyse reaction products.
Wired or Wireless — The Flexibility to Choose
Vernier's Go Direct™ sensors connect directly to your mobile device, Chromebook or computer using Vernier's free Graphical Analysis™ 4 app. No additional equipment or software purchases are necessary. Go Direct sensors can be used wired via USB or wirelessly via Bluetooth allowing you to choose the solution best for your classroom or laboratory.
View >>>> COMPATIBILITY CHECK and Set Up Guide for your Vernier sensor, interface and software
Base: 13 cm × 15 cm × 1.5 cm
Body: 9 cm × 9 cm × 24 cm
• Range: Ambient to 260°C
• Safety shut down: The heating block is automatically powered down after approximately 60 minutes of heating.
• Capillary tubes: 1.4–1.8mm outside diameter, 100mm length
• Capillary tube slots: 3
• Viewing lens: 27mm diameter (functional), 30mm (actual)
• Lighting of capillary slots: 3 white LEDs
• Lighting of control dial:
Red LED (indicates heating mode)
Blue LED (indicates cooling mode with cooling fan running)
Yellow LED (safety shut off activated)
• Vernier Go Direct Melt Station
• 100 standard capillary tubes
• Power supply
• Vernier micro USB cable
Educational use only:
Vernier and Kidwind products are designed for educational use. They are not appropriate for industrial, medical or commercial applications. Details
- Warranty: 5 years