|Purchase QTY: (Each)||1+|| || || || |
|Scientrific's price|| $196.00|| || || ||
Note: Prices do NOT include GST
VERNIER GO DIRECT PHOTOGATE
The Vernier Go Direct Photogate is a double-gate sensor that includes two photogates built into the sensor arms to accurately measure velocity and acceleration. It connects via Bluetooth® wireless technology or via USB to your device.
With Vernier's Go Direct Photogate students are able to easily and precisely measure velocity and acceleration to study the movement of an object in free fall, rolling objects, collisions and pendulums, without needing to know anything about the geometry of the object.
Vernier Go Direct Photogate also includes a single laser gate for use with objects passing outside of the arms of the sensor. Using the laser gate requires a visible-light pen laser (not included).
Vernier Go Direct Photogate can be used in a variety of experiments:
• measuring acceleration of a cart on an incline using a cart picket fence
• measuring the angular motion of a wheel as it is turning
• investigating Newton’s second law using a half-Atwood machine to measure acceleration
• determining the time an object passes one or more gates
Rechargeable Battery — Ready When You Are
The Vernier Go Direct™ robust rechargeable battery offers long battery life and provides always-ready operation. Monitor battery life directly from Vernier's free Graphical Analysis™ 4 app Should the battery run low simply connect the sensor to the charging cable and keep on collecting — no interruptions or inconvenience to you or your students.
Wired or Wireless — The Flexibility to Choose
Vernier's Go Direct™ sensors connect directly to your mobile device, Chromebook or computer using Vernier's free Graphical Analysis™ 4 app. No additional equipment or software purchases are necessary. Go Direct sensors can be used wired via USB or wirelessly via Bluetooth allowing you to choose the solution best for your classroom or laboratory.
• Infrared source: Peak at 880nm
• Gate width: 77.5mm
• Internal gate separation: 20mm
• Distance from internal gates to bottom of photogate arms: ~10mm
• Distance from internal gates to sides of photogate arms: ~5mm
• Gate LED indicators: Off for unblocked gate, on for blocked gate
• Battery: 300mAh Li-Poly Rechargeable
• Battery life (single full charge): ~10 hours continuous data collection
• Battery life (long term): ~300 full charge cycles (several years depending on usage)
NOTE: Vernier photogates have an electronic timing resolution of 1 microsecond but typically get measurements with only +/-25 millisecond accuracy due to variations in optical-response tolerances of the photodiodes and the geometry of the object relative to the path it takes through the photogate.
When using multiple Vernier Go Direct Photogates connected wirelessly students will typically get measurements with +/-35 millisecond accuracy. This 10 millisecond difference is associated with the initialization of multiple device clocks when starting data collection. Two Vernier Go Direct Photogates daisy-chained together do not experience this added error as they are utilizing a single clock.
Daisy-chaining two Vernier Go Direct Photogates requires the separate purchase of
VPG-CB-GDX Vernier Go Direct® Photogate Timing Cable
• Vernier Go Direct® Photogate
• Vernier Micro USB Cable CB-USB-MICRO
• Vernier Accessory Rod
View >>>> COMPATIBILITY CHECK and Set Up Guide for your Vernier sensor, interface and software
Download the current Vernier Catalogue: Download PDF
Educational use only:
Vernier and Kidwind products are designed for educational use. They are not appropriate for industrial, medical or commercial applications. Details