|Purchase QTY: (Each)||1+|| || || || |
|Scientrific's price|| $194.00|| || || ||
Note: Prices do NOT include GST or freight
VERNIER 25-g ACCELEROMETER
The 25-g Accelerometer is best suited for studying large, one-dimensional accelerations such as collisions, rocket launches or experiments with crash test dummies.
• Measure acceleration during a collision
• Measure acceleration as it moves in a horizontal circle. Study the relationship between: acceleration and period; acceleration and radius; acceleration and mass.
• Measure acceleration as it moves in a vertical circle.
• Put the Accelerometer under your belt buckle and jump up and down. Measure
the acceleration as you land, both with your knees flexed and with your knees
• Have a packing contest. Challenge people to pack the Accelerometer in a box and to minimize the deceleration when it is dropped from a specified height. Note that you need to orient the Accelerometer (and the box) so that the Accelerometer measures properly. It can only measure acceleration along the line marked by the arrow.
• If you have a data-collection interface that allows you to collect data away from the lab you might try to measure acceleration in a car, on amusement park rides, on playground apparatus such as merry-go-rounds or of bicyclists, skiers, bungee jumpers, etc.
• Power: 30mA @ 5VDC
• Range: 245m/s² (±25g)
• Accuracy: ±2.45m/s² (±0.25 g)
• Frequency Response: 0–100Hz
• Typical Resolution: 0.16m/s²
Download the current Vernier K-12 Catalogue
Download the current Vernier University Catalogue
Educational use only:
Vernier and Kidwind products are designed for educational use. They are not appropriate for industrial, medical or commercial applications. Details
- Warranty: 5 years
- Product size: 48x19x25mm (WHD)
- Weight: 57g
Last edited 5th Jul 2018