|Purchase QTY: (per Pack)||1+|| || || || |
|Base price|| $136.00|| || || || |
|Scientrific's price|| $120.00|| || || ||
Note: Prices do NOT include GST
This ScienceWiz™ teacher's pack includes enough equipment for 6 students to explore and develop a fundamental understanding of the key concepts of magnetism while building a foundation for analytical thinking. Comes in a specially designed box for easy storage with compartments for convenient access to materials. The kit includes high quality, colour coded, SAFE ceramic magnets.
For ages 8 and up.
Note: One 1.5V size D battery is required for each student, they are NOT included with the pack.
Each Pack includes:
• 6 full colour 40 page booklets
• 18 colour coded ceramic ring magnets
• 6 plain ceramic ring magnets
• 6 ceramic big bar magnets
• 6 N/S red ceramic bar magnets
• 6 pouches of iron filings
• 6 compasses (lead-free inside and out)
• 6 assemblies to make electro magnets (includes large nails, magnet wire, battery bands and sand paper)
• 6 bags of materials to test magnets
• 6 ducks
• Use magnets to detect iron and to determine which metals stick to magnets
• Explore magnetic attraction and repulsion including the levitation of colour coded ceramic ring magnets
• Use strong bar magnets to learn about action at a distance
• Visualise poles and lines of force with iron filings
• Explore how a compass reacts to magnets
• Craft a compass
• Detect the Earth’s magnetic poles
• Make a temporary magnet and test it’s strength
• Build and manipulate electromagnets
• Determine what can make magnets bigger and stronger
• Discover how an electric motor works
Teacher's Packs are designed so that students have their own booklet and materials.
The pack consists largely of non-consumables and uses robust components designed for years of classroom use.
Extensions to the main projects are feasible as there are sufficient supplies for all.
Includes free ScienceWiz.com portal access:
Explore intriguing videos and links to information that will amuse, astonish, enrich and extend the content in the book and kit.
Internet animations and videos complement the classroom experiments.
Supplemental internet materials allow students to progress at their own pace and to their own level of interest and detail.
Contents of the website are periodically updated by the scientists and educators.
Last edited 6th Aug 2019