|Purchase QTY: (Each)||1+|| || || || |
|Scientrific's price|| $25.00|| || || ||
Note: Prices do NOT include GST
Discover what energy is, how we make it now and the choices awaiting us in the future. Learn about carbon emissions and climate change. This ScienceWiz™ kit enables a student to explore and develop a fundamental understanding of the key concepts of energy while building a foundation for analytical thinking. Supplied in a plastic bag.
For ages 8 and up.
Note: One 1.5V D size battery and one 9V battery are required, they are NOT included with the kit.
Each Kit includes:
• A full colour 48 page booklet
• A solar cell
• Parts to make a car (4 wheels, 2 axles, frame, 2 gears and 3 washers)
• An ultra capacitor
• 2 battery bands
• 2 motors
• A buzzer
• A LED
• A magnifier
• A stopper for a flywheel generator
• A pinwheel to model a turbine
• A propeller
• A mylar reflector
• Parts to make a battery (wires, 3 cups, 3 copper rivets, 3 zinc coated nails, battery cards)
• A tea candle, feather and a large lump of coal
• 2 large marbles
• Categorise the types of energy and define what energy is
• Experiment with kinetic and potential energy and construct an energy chain reaction
• Convert energy from one form to another and determine which materials can be used to make specific energy transfers
• Learn the Laws of Conservation of Mass and Energy
• Explore how energy is used in modern society
• Make a flywheel generator, take apart a motor and spin a turbine to understand how electrical power is currently generated
• Compare wind, water, coal, natural gas and nuclear power sources
• Investigate energy choices for heating and transportation
• Quantify and explore fossil fuel emissions and its impact on the climate
• Spin a propeller with a solar cell, build a solar car and learn how it works
• Discuss solar energy, its peaks and valleys
• Launch a super capacitor car and an electric car
• Build a battery with multiple cells to light a LED
• Discover how a solar cell works
The kit consists largely of non-consumables and uses robust components designed for years of classroom use.
Extensions to the main projects are feasible.
Includes free ScienceWiz.com portal access:
Explore intriguing videos and links to information that will amuse, astonish, enrich and extend the content in the book and kit.
Internet animations and videos complement the classroom experiments.
Supplemental internet materials allow students to progress at their own pace and to their own level of interest and detail.
Contents of the website are periodically updated by the scientists and educators.
Last edited 30th May 2019