|Purchase QTY: (per Pack)||1+|| || || || |
|Base price|| $136.00|| || || || |
|Scientrific's price|| $120.00|| || || ||
Note: Prices do NOT include GST
Discover what energy is, how we make it now and the choices awaiting us in the future. Learn about carbon emissions and climate change. This ScienceWiz™ Teacher's Pack includes enough equipment for 6 students to explore and develop a fundamental understanding of the key concepts of energy while building a foundation for analytical thinking. Comes in a specially designed box for easy storage with compartments for convenient access to materials.
For ages 8 and up.
Note: One 1.5V size D battery and one 9V battery are required for each student, they are NOT included with the pack.
Each Pack includes:
6 full colour 48 page booklets
6 solar cells
6 car assemblies (4 wheels, 2 axles, frame, 2 gears and 3 washers)
6 ultra capacitors
12 battery bands
6 stoppers for flywheel generators
6 pinwheels to model turbines
6 mylar reflectors
6 battery assemblies (wires, 3 cups, 3 copper rivets, 3 zinc coated nails, battery cards)
6 tea candles, 6 feathers, large lump of coal
12 large marbles
• Categorise the types of energy and define what energy is
• Experiment with kinetic and potential energy and construct an energy chain reaction
• Convert energy from one form to another and determine which materials can be used to make specific energy transfers
• Learn the Laws of Conservation of Mass and Energy
• Explore how energy is used in modern society
• Make a flywheel generator, take apart a motor and spin a turbine to understand how electrical power is currently generated
• Compare wind, water, coal, natural gas and nuclear power sources
• Investigate energy choices for heating and transportation
• Quantify and explore fossil fuel emissions and its impact on the climate
• Spin a propeller with a solar cell, build a solar car and learn how they work
• Discuss solar energy, its peaks and valleys
• Launch a super capacitor car and an electric car
• Build a battery with multiple cells to light an LED
• Discover how solar cells work
Teacher's Packs are designed so that students have their own booklet and materials.
The pack consists largely of non-consumables and uses robust components designed for years of classroom use.
Extensions to the main projects are feasible as there are sufficient supplies for all.
Includes free ScienceWiz.com portal access:
Explore intriguing videos and links to information that will amuse, astonish, enrich and extend the content in the book and kit.
Internet animations and videos complement the classroom experiments.
Supplemental internet materials allow students to progress at their own pace and to their own level of interest and detail.
Contents of the website are periodically updated by the scientists and educators.
Last edited 30th May 2019