|Purchase QTY: (Each)||1+|| || || || |
|Scientrific's price|| $61.00|| || || ||
Note: Prices do NOT include GST
VERNIER INVESTIGATING SOLAR ENERGY
This book contains nine hands-on experiments and two culminating engineering projects that allow K-8 students to learn about solar energy and develop solutions to real-world problems.
Using the KW-SEEK KidWind Solar Energy Exploration Kit, the VES-BTA Vernier Energy Sensor and the STS-BTA Vernier Surface Temperature Sensor, students explore solar energy, energy transfer, series and parallel circuits and variables that affect solar panel output.
If you have previously purchased a copy of this Vernier lab book please contact Support at Scientrific.com.au for free access to the electronic version and it's updated contents.
Printed Lab Book
• 9 ready-to-use student experiments and 2 engineering projects
• Access to up-to-date versions of the experiments
• Instructions for data collection with Logger Lite and LabQuest App
• Essential instructor information including teaching tips, suggested answers, and sample data and graphs
• Word-processing files of the student experiments so you can edit the files to match your teaching preferences
• A generous site licence—buy one book and duplicate the experiments for your class
• One printed copy of the book
Electronic Version ELB-SOLAR-E
When you buy the electronic version of the lab book you receive all of the resources listed for the printed version
except a printed copy of the book.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Solar Panels
2. Exploring Solar Energy
3. Introduction to the Vernier Energy Sensor
4. Making Connections: Circuits
5. Solar Panel Output: Effect of Load
6. Solar Panel Output: Effect of Shade
7. Solar Panel Output: Effect of Angle
8. Pumping Water with Solar Energy
9. Exploring Surface Temperature
10. Project: Solar Homes
11. Project: What's Cookin'?
COMPATIBILITY CHECK and Set Up Guide for your Vernier sensor, interface and software:
Download the current Vernier Catalogue: Download PDF
Educational use only:
Vernier and Kidwind products are designed for educational use. They are not appropriate for industrial, medical or commercial applications. Details