|Purchase QTY: (Each)||1+|| || || || |
|Scientrific's price|| $117.00|| || || ||
Note: Prices do NOT include GST
RENEWABLE ENERGY WITH VERNIER
The Renewable Energy with Vernier lab book features 26 experiments in wind and solar energy with a combination of explorations, traditional experiments, inquiry investigations, engineering projects and more. In these experiments, students learn about renewable energy, experiment with variables affecting power output from model wind turbines and solar panels and participate in engineering projects such as building a wind farm or a solar charger to meet certain design criteria.
Many of the experiments use the Vernier Energy Sensor and the Vernier Variable Load, two products that were designed to measure the power and energy output of renewable energy sources. The experiments also use the KidWind Advanced Wind Experiment Kits and the KidWind Solar Thermal Exploration Kit.
If you have previously purchased a copy of this Vernier lab book please contact Support at Scientrific.com.au for free access to the electronic version and it's updated contents.
Printed Lab Book
• 26 experiments and engineering projects in wind and solar energy
• Access to up-to-date versions of the experiments
• Instructions for data collection with Logger Pro 3 and LabQuest App
• Essential instructor information including teaching tips, instructions for preparing solutions, suggested answers and sample data and graphs
• Word-processing files of the student experiments so you can edit the files to match your teaching preferences
• Complete equipment and supplies list
• A generous site licence—buy one book and duplicate the experiments for your class
• One printed copy of the book
Electronic Version REV-E
When you buy the electronic version of the lab book you receive all of the resources listed for the printed version
except a printed copy of the book.
Table of Contents
1. Renewable Energy: Why is it So Important?
2. What is Energy?
3. Project: Energy Audit
4. Voltage and Circuits
5. Current and Resistors
6. Mechanical Power
8. Exploring Wind Turbines
9. Effect of Load on Wind Turbine Output
10. Blade Variables and Power Output
12. Turbine Efficiency
13. Power Curves
14. Power and Energy
15. Project: Maximum Energy Output
16. Project: Build a Wind Farm
17. Exploring Solar Panels
18. Effect of Load on Solar Panel Output
19. Variables Affecting Solar Panel Output
20. Effect of Temperature on Solar Panel Output
21. Project: Build a Solar Charger
22. Exploring Passive Solar Heating
23. Variables Affecting Passive Solar Heating
24. Exploring Solar Collectors
25. Variables Affecting Solar Collectors
26. Project: Solar Cooker
COMPATIBILITY CHECK and Set Up Guide for your Vernier sensor, interface and software:
Download the current Vernier Catalogue: Download PDF
Educational use only:
Vernier and Kidwind products are designed for educational use. They are not appropriate for industrial, medical or commercial applications. Details
Last edited 13th Mar 2020