VERNIER SPECTROVIS PLUS
Vernier's SpectroVis Plus is a portable and affordable visible light spectrophotometer with fluorescence capabilities allowing measurement of wavelengths from 380nm to 950nm and analysis of results in full colour.
The SpectroVis Plus educational spectrophotometer combines fluorescence capabilities with a linear CCD array detector in a compact unit that requires no external power supply. Two different excitation wavelengths enable analysis of compounds such as fluorescein, chlorophyll or GFP.
• Connect SpectroVis directly to LabQuest or a computer USB port.
• Set up experiments quickly with one-step calibration.
• Collect data in under one second with array spectrometer technology.
• Analyse full-wavelength spectrum data in full-colour with Logger Pro.
View >>>> COMPATIBILITY CHECK and Set Up Guide for your Vernier sensor, interface and software
A wide range of introductory spectroscopy experiments are possible
• Determine peak wavelength to collect data on solution concentration for studies of Beer’s law or to monitor rates of reaction.
• Collect a full wavelength spectrum to measure absorbance, percent transmittance, fluorescence or emissions.
• Conduct enzyme kinetics experiments.
• Engage in equilibrium studies of absorbance vs. time or absorbance vs.concentration.
• Perform colorimetric or fluorescent bioassays.
• Use the SVIS-FIBER SpectroVis Optical Fiber Accessory to measure emissions from flame tests or other light sources. For more detailed emissions analysis, consider the VSP-EM Vernier Emissions Spectrometer.
How SpectroVis Plus Works
SpectroVis employs an LED and tungsten bulb to transmit light through a solution containing the sample. The transmitted light then passes through a high-quality diffraction grating and the diffracted light is sorted and collected by the linear CCD array detector.
• SpectroVis Plus spectrophotometer
• 15 plastic cuvettes and lids
• Standard USB cable
• User manual
• Wavelength Range: 380nm–950nm
• Support for fluorescence: Two excitation sources centered at 405nm and 500nm
• Reported Wavelength Interval: ~1nm between reported values (collects 570 values)
• Optical Resolution:
4.0nm (as determined with 656nm hydrogen emission spectral line FWHM) and 25nm (as determined with 486nm hydrogen emission spectral line FWHM)
• Wavelength Accuracy: +/- 3.0nm (at 650nm) and +/- 7.0nm (at 450nm)
• Photometric Accuracy: +/- 13.0% (as determined with nickel sulfate standards from 0.1 to 1.0 A.U.)
• Light Sources: Incandescent white bulb, approximately 8000 hour lifetime, one-step calibration. LED-based, approximately 100,000 hour lifetime.
• No external power is required.
Download the current Vernier Catalogue: Download PDF
Educational use only:
Vernier and Kidwind products are designed for educational use. They are not appropriate for industrial, medical or commercial applications. Details
- Warranty: 5 years (Light bulb 3 years)