|Purchase QTY: (Each)||1+|| || || || |
|Base price|| $64.00|| || || || |
|Scientrific's price|| $51.00|| || || ||
Note: Prices do NOT include GST or freight
Conduct more than 60 experiments with circuits and magnetic contraptions to learn about electricity and magnetism and how these two fundamental properties are closely related. Children eight and up can safely and easily experiment with electric current and magnetic fields using the colourful snap-together blocks and components in this hands-on kit.
The components are specially designed to make learning fun and accessible. The electrical blocks fit together with simple plug-and-socket connectors. Because The brightly coloured blocks have unique shapes making it is easy to follow the assembly diagrams to construct functional devices.
• Build series and parallel circuits to light up a light bulb.
• Experiment with push buttons and on-off switches.
• Assemble circuits that include a spinning motor, 2 switches and up to 3 light bulbs.
• Conduct tests to see which materials are magnetic.
• Learn about the force of magnetism and magnetic poles.
• Magnetize a metal and use iron fillings to make invisible magnetic fields visible.
• Investigate magnetic force and direction with a magnetic pendulum device.
• Learn how a compass works and about Earth's magnetic fields.
• Conduct a series of experiments with a sturdy electromagnet.
• Finally, put everything learned to good use by constructing a loudspeaker, an electromagnetic relay switch and a morse code telegraph key.
The 64 page full-colour experiment manual guides through experiments with easy-to-follow diagrams.
For ages 8+
For more information:
View >>> Lists the contents of this kit, topics covered and includes some sample pages from the Experiment Manual.
View >>>> Other great Science Kits
Last edited 10 July 2013 LCW
Last edited 20th Jun 2014