|Purchase QTY: (Each)||1+|| || || || |
|Scientrific's price|| $45.00|| || || ||
Note: Prices do NOT include GST
VERNIER INVESTIGATING WIND ENERGY - ELECTRONIC
This book contains 10 hands-on engaging wind energy experiments for K-6 students and a culminating wind energy engineering project. Students explore wind energy through the use of the KW-MWT KidWind MINI Wind Turbine and the VES-BTA Vernier Energy Sensor. Topics covered include energy transfer, basic electric circuits and blade variables including pitch, shape, quantity, mass and material.
• When you purchase this electronic book you will receive the download instructions after your order has been processed.
• If you have previously purchased a copy of this Vernier lab book please contact Support at Scientrific.com.au for free access to this electronic version and it's updated contents.
Electronic Version Includes:
• 10 ready-to-use student experiments and a culminating engineering project
• Access to up-to-date versions of the experiments
• Instructions for data collection with Logger Lite and LabQuest App
• Essential instructor information including teaching tips, suggested answers, and sample data and graphs
• Word-processing files of the student experiments so you can edit the files to match your teaching preferences
• A generous site licence—buy one book and duplicate the experiments for your class
Printed Lab Book ELB-WIND
When you buy the printed lab book you receive all of the resources listed above for the electronic version plus a printed copy of the book.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Wind Turbines
2. Exploring Wind Energy
3. Introduction to the Vernier Energy Sensor
4. Wind Turbine Output: The Effect of Load
5. Exploring Wind Turbine Blades
6. Blade Design: Pitch
7. Blade Design: Area
8. Blade Design: Quantity
9. Blade Design: Mass
10. Blade Design: Material
11. Project: Power Up!
COMPATIBILITY CHECK and Set Up Guide for your Vernier sensor, interface and software:
Download the current Vernier K-12 Catalogue
Download the current Vernier University Catalogue
Educational use only:
Vernier and Kidwind products are designed for educational use. They are not appropriate for industrial, medical or commercial applications. Details
Last edited 13th Mar 2020