|Purchase QTY: (Each)||1+|| || || || |
|Scientrific's price|| $22.00|| || || ||
Note: Prices do NOT include GST
VERNIER INVESTIGATING MAGNETISM EBOOK
Investigate the magnetic field of magnets and electromagnets with your Year 3-6 students using this electronic book of experiments and a GDX-3MG Vernier Go Direct 3-Axis Magnetic Field Sensor. Additional equipment may be required.
Table of Contents
1. Learning to Use a Magnetic Field Sensor
Learn how to use a Magnetic Field Sensor.
Measure the magnetic field of a bar magnet.
Identify the north and south poles of a bar magnet.
2. Exploring the Poles
Make observations about the poles of differently shaped magnets.
Diagram the position of the poles of differently shaped magnets.
Draw conclusions about the poles of magnets.
3. Making Magnets
Make observations about the magnetic fields of objects.
Use a permanent magnet to make a temporary magnet.
Use a Magnetic Field Sensor to measure the magnetic field of magnets.
Look for relationships between the permanent magnet and temporary magnet.
Make an electromagnet using a steel nail, a wire and a D battery.
Measure the strength of the magnet as you wrap more wire around the nail.
• Instructions for data collection with Vernier's free Graphical Analysis™ 4 app
• Essential instructor information including teaching tips, suggested answers and sample data and graphs
• Word processing files of the student experiments so you can edit the files to match your teaching preferences
• A generous site licence allowing you to buy one e-book and duplicate the experiments for your class
NOTE: When you purchase this electronic book you will receive the download instructions after your order has been processed.
Download the current Vernier K-12 Catalogue
Download the current Vernier University Catalogue
Educational use only:
Vernier and Kidwind products are designed for educational use. They are not appropriate for industrial, medical or commercial applications. Details
Last edited 10th Apr 2020