|Purchase QTY: (Each)||1+|| || || || |
|Scientrific's price|| $21.00|| || || ||
Note: Prices do NOT include GST
VERNIER INVESTIGATING FORCE EBOOK
Investigate everyday push/pull forces such as the frictional force on a shoe with your Year 3-6 students using this electronic book of experiments and a GDX-FOR Vernier Go Direct Force and Acceleration Sensor. Additional equipment may be required.
Table of Contents
1. Learning to Use a Force Sensor
Learn to use a Force Sensor.
Measure the changing forces as you pull and push on the Force Sensor.
Match shapes using what you have learned about the Force Sensor.
2. Lift the Load!
Make a lever.
Measure the amount of force needed to lift up a book when applying a force at different positions on the lever.
3. What a Drag!
Make observations and predictions about shoes.
Measure the force needed to pull different shoes across a surface.
4. Oh! My Aching Back! How Ramps Make Lifting Easier
Lift your backpack to a chair in two different ways.
Measure the force needed for each way of lifting.
Think of ways ramps are used to help people move things more easily.
• Instructions for data collection with Vernier's free Graphical Analysis™ 4 app
• Essential instructor information including teaching tips, suggested answers and sample data and graphs
• Word processing files of the student experiments so you can edit the files to match your teaching preferences
• A generous site licence allowing you to buy one e-book and duplicate the experiments for your class
NOTE: When you purchase this electronic book you will receive the download instructions after your order has been processed.
Download the current Vernier Catalogue: Download PDF
Educational use only:
Vernier and Kidwind products are designed for educational use. They are not appropriate for industrial, medical or commercial applications. Details
Last edited 4th Feb 2020