|Purchase QTY: (Each)||1+|| || || || |
|Scientrific's price|| $22.00|| || || ||
Note: Prices do NOT include GST
VERNIER INVESTIGATING LIGHT EBOOK
Investigate light properties including how light changes with distance, reflects off different colours and varies with the seasons with your Year 3-6 students using this electronic book of experiments and a GDX-LC Vernier Go Direct Light and Colour Sensor. Additional equipment may be required.
Table of Contents
1. Learning to Use a Light Sensor
Learn to use a Light Sensor.
Measure different light levels in your room.
Make letters on a graph using the Light Sensor
2. Sunshine on My Shoulders
Measure the light intensity as it passes through layers of different kinds of fabrics.
Predict which fabric will block the most light.
Draw conclusions about which fabric would be best for a shirt.
3. Summer and Winter
Observe the differences in the light level during summer and winter.
Draw conclusions about what effect light has on weather and temperature.
4. Reflectivity of Light
Use a Light Sensor to measure reflected light.
Make conclusions based on your data.
5. Distance From the Sun
Make a simulation of the planets of our solar system to scale.
Measure the amount of light from a light source at different distances.
Draw conclusions about conditions on other planets.
• Instructions for data collection with Vernier's free Graphical Analysis™ 4 app
• Essential instructor information including teaching tips, suggested answers and sample data and graphs
• Word processing files of the student experiments so you can edit the files to match your teaching preferences
• A generous site licence allowing you to buy one e-book and duplicate the experiments for your class
NOTE: When you purchase this electronic book you will receive the download instructions after your order has been processed.
Download the current Vernier K-12 Catalogue
Download the current Vernier University Catalogue
Educational use only:
Vernier and Kidwind products are designed for educational use. They are not appropriate for industrial, medical or commercial applications. Details
Last edited 10th Apr 2020