|Purchase QTY: (Each)||1+|| || || || |
|Scientrific's price|| $437.00|| || || ||
Note: Prices do NOT include GST or freight
VERNIER RADIATION MONITOR
Use the Vernier Radiation Monitor to explore radiation statistics, measure the rate of nuclear decay and monitor radon progeny.
This easy-to-use sensor consists of a Geiger-Mueller tube mounted in a small rugged plastic case. A thin window protected by a metal screen allows alpha radiation to be detected, along with beta and gamma. Each new detection is indicated by a flashing red LED light and can also include an optional audio signal.
The sensor is powered by the data-collection interface and a battery is not required.
The Radiation Monitor allows students to:
• Detect the presence of a source of radiation.
• Monitor counts/interval (rate) as different thicknesses of a particular type of shielding are placed between the Geiger-Mueller tube of the Radiation Monitor and a beta or gamma source.
• Compare the effect of different types of materials to shield beta or gamma radiation.
• Set up a histogram with a very long run time to show students how initial randomness of data develops first in a Poisson distribution and then into a Gaussian distribution curve.
• Measure radiation of common radioactive materials such as lantern mantels or pre-World War II Fiestaware.
• Monitor variation in background radiation at different elevations.
• Monitor radioactivity in the environment over long periods of time.
• Monitor counts per interval (rate) from a beta or gamma radiation source as a function of the distance between the source and the Radiation Monitor.
• Sensor: LND 712 (or equivalent) halogen-quenched GM tube with a mica end window, 1.5 to 2.0mg/cm2 thick
• Sensitive to alpha, beta, gamma and X-ray radiation
• Powered by interface connection
• Red LED blinks on radiation detection
• Optional audio signal on radiation detection
• Vernier Radiation Monitor
• User Manual
Download the current Vernier K-12 Catalogue
Download the current Vernier University Catalogue
Educational use only:
Vernier and Kidwind products are designed for educational use. They are not appropriate for industrial, medical or commercial applications. Details